Saturday 30 January 2010

Birdwatch

For those of you out there who might be interested, this weekend is Big Garden Birdwatch weekend.
The RSPB are asking people to watch the birds in the garden for one hour, note down the types of bird and how many and send your results to them via the website.
. http://www.rspb.org.uk/birdwatch/
It is probably one of the most pleasurable research exercises to do. Grab a coffee(or tea or hot chocolate) and a biscuit and stare out the window for an hour. Even I can manage it.
And believe it or not the results you send to the RSPB really help them get an idea of bird populations and trends (about half a million people did it last year!)
I saw 13 different species in my garden today! plus my husband who walked out and pretended to peck at the table. Do you think he's starved of attention?

1 comment:

Hobbit said...

I wanted to take part, but Mrs Hobbit just had a baby! I didn't think I'd be allowed to nip home for an hour to count birds in the garden... ;-)